ACNM NJ Affiliate celebrated in advance during NJ Midwifery Day on Saturday 4/30
It was a day filled with education, informative conversation, networking, and fun! (see attached pictures)
You can also celebrate and help increase access to midwives in NJ by joining/collaborating with one of the following fundraisers
Are you aware that in New Jersey:
- Hospitals must bill midwifery-attended births under a physician’s name to be reimbursed for a facility fee
- Midwives only receive 95% of what their physician colleagues earn for the exact same work
- Midwives’ largest perceived competitors oversee and dictate their practice
- State law dictates that midwives have a collaborating physician in order to obtain a license to practice
- State law dictates that midwives have a collaborating physician in order to write a prescription
- Certified Midwives do not have prescriptive authority
These issues may not affect how you practice or even your patient population, however, they affect culture towards birth and midwifery care in New Jersey. Additionally, they restrict public access to midwifery care.
Join us in our efforts to remove these barriers to access to midwifery care for all New Jersey people. Join our efforts to expand our midwifery workforce.
There are several ways you can support these efforts!
Volunteer for the Affiliate! Contact us directly if you are interested (see the About tab).
Purchase NJ Midwife merchandise: https://www.customink.com/fundraising/NJMidwives-ACNM
Donate to the Affiliate here