The New Jersey Affiliate of the American College of Nurse-Midwives promotes the health and well-being of women and newborns within their families and communities, through the development and support of the profession of midwifery as practiced by Certified Nurse-Midwives(CNMs) and Certified Midwives (CM's)
Our resource portal is designed to bring our New Jersey based members of the American College of Nurse Midwives together to share, learn, grow and increase their knowledge about issues facing Certified Nurse-Midwifes such as:
- hospital privileges, prescription writing, professional liability insurance,peer review, consumer and midwifery rights
- provide ACNM members with a professional community where they can exchange ideas, share resources and network professionally .
- Provide contact with other CNM's within the state.
- Allow for exchange of opinions when making decisions affecting the future of CNM's.
- Obtain input about national midwifery issues.
New Jersey Affiliate meetings are held at least four times a year, and consist of dinner, continuing education, and a business portion. The spring meeting is designated as the annual meeting. The meeting schedule is posted on the Affiliate Website. All CNMs/CMs are invited to attend Affiliate meetings; only paid members may vote. Those who are not CNMs/CMs, but support the misson of midwifery are encouraged join and participate as "Friends of Midwifery". The Affiliate minutes are available to all paid chapter members through the Members Only section of the website. Let your voice be heard! Support midwifery in New Jersey and nationwide by becoming a member of our national organization , the American College of Nurse-Midwives : www.midwife.org